A few months back I interviewed Jill Reidy regarding her planned road trip photographing seaside towns. You may have seen this, you may even have contributed to the successful crowdfunding campaign. Now there is an exciting opportunity with LeftCoast for a budding curator to contribute to the forthcoming exhibition showcasing the project.
LeftCoast are working with Jill to create an opportunity to support her in the selection and presentation of works for her forthcoming exhibition, Seaside Towns out of Season at Abingdon Studios in late September 2017. LeftCoast’s Studio scheme offers professional practice development opportunities at three levels; this is an assistant level role and as such is not paid but the person selected will have all travel and subsistence expenses covered.
This Assistant Curator role is expected to involve approximately five days work and will involve:
- Supporting Jill to curate a suitable selection of works from her recent photography road trip around seaside towns throughout England.
- Helping to design the exhibition format and presentation of works.
- Assisting with the hanging of works for the exhibition.
- Attending & helping at the private view opening event
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate or current student who is interested in gaining experience and a better understanding of what a curatorial role in the arts involves. Jill is excited to work with someone who can bring their creative ideas and enthusiasm to help her edit 2000 images down to the 20 that really tell the story of her adventure and explore the inherent split personality of seaside towns.
To apply for this opportunity please email [email protected] with the answers to the following questions (no more than 400 words in total) by Sunday 13thAugust at 5pm.
- What interests you about this opportunity?
- What do you feel you could bring to this project?
- What would you hope to gain from this experience?
Image courtesy of CJ Griffiths Photography
Show Comments (0)