The legendary Fleetwood Folk and Blues 2017 festival returns stronger than ever. Its exciting headline acts are in place and will be announced shortly. The core festival will take place between 1 and 3 September 2017, with supporting gigs will be happening from 31 Aug to 5 Sept. The festival is already fully booked, however tickets for the 2018 event will be available.
Folk and Blues 2017 has a revised list of venues where concerts catering for all tastes will be staged:
- Fleetwood Bowling Club – Main Concert Venue/Music Stand
- Mount Hotel – Acoustic Concerts, Real Ales and Dining
- Fleetwood Museum & Harriet Boat Hall – Heritage Venues
- North Euston Hotel – Open Concerts, Information Desk, Artist Liaison
- The Steamer – Open Concerts, The(Sid) Little Restaurant and Real Ales
- Strawberry Gardens – Open Concerts, Late Night Bar and Bistro
- The Bug – Weekend Sessions Pub
- Fleetwood Cricket Club – Campsite and Social Room.
Previous festival goers have enjoyed a varied collection of acts of extremely high quality. The Folk and Blues 2017 festival will again place Fleetwood firmly on the map for live music.
Camping will be provided at Fleetwood Cricket Club, including hardstanding for caravans and campervans, showers and a real ale bar. There will be three music-based stalls within the main concert venue and the team is seeking space for a supporting craft fair. More details will be released as these become available.
The event is extremely community-based being delivered by a local volunteer (but not amateur) team. Fleetwood Town Council has provided £2000 core funding to secure the event for the town, aware of its community and economic value. This event is a credit to the Fleetwood community and long may it continue.
For more information visit the festival website at www.fleetwoodfolkandblues.com
Show Comments (0)